General Statement of Job:This is a fieldwork position dealing with the maintenance and use of the Authority’s equipment, facilities, and properties. It also includes record keeping and interaction with co-workers and the public.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of vehicles and other mechanical equipment including watercraft, mechanical equipment, and physical property. Performs minor repairs, and arranges for major maintenance and/or repairs of property and equipment.
- Removes navigation hazards from waterways, maintains navigation aids, and installs and maintains waterway signage.
- Operates motor vehicles, watercraft (both outboard motor boats and airboats), and mechanical equipment. Basic knowledge of office equipment and PC computers preferred.
- Performs basic carpentry tasks including the construction of outdoor signs, kiosks, shelters etc.
- Conducts routine maintenance on preserves, such as fence repairs and herbiciding. Ability to carry a 50 lb. backpack sprayer over rough terrain. Participates on prescribed burns and familiarity with land management techniques. Lake County natural features and ecosystems preferred.
- Maintains dams and their associated levees to ensure proper operation and safety. Operates a tractor or other equipment to mow dams and levees.
- Provides visitor services and facilities maintenance at the Hickory Point Recreational Facility. Serves as primary staff contact with the public using the picnic pavilion and other park facilities. Maintains the interior and exterior of buildings, cares for the grounds, landscaping, and irrigation system, and performs custodial tasks (e.g., mopping, cleaning restrooms).
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Qualifications:Graduation from high school and at least two years experience in facility maintenance, mechanical repair or related field. Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of internal combustion engines, electric motors and circuits, and hydraulic equipment, hand and power tools, electric test meters, and similar tools, is required. Must understand the principles of construction and structure maintenance, and be able to make minor repairs. Familiarity with Lake County and its natural features and ecosystems is desired. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License at the time of appointment.
Pay Range: $12.85-$21.19 per hour commensurate with experience (37.5 hours per week)
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND INSTRUCTIONS: Position is open until filled. Submit applications to the offices of the Lake County Water Authority (LCWA), 27351 SR 19., Tavares, FL 32778. Applications are available at the LCWA office or our Web site: http://www.lcwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/employmentapplicationfeb2016.pdf
EOE/Drug Free Workplace/Veterans Preference