General Statement of Job: Under general supervision, performs a variety of secretarial and clerical duties in accordance with established policies and procedures of the Lake County Water Authority. Works with other staff and independently, and interacts with the public in a positive manner.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, providing guidance and assistance, routing calls to appropriate staff, and taking messages as required.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties including scheduling appointments, typing and mailing correspondence and documents, making copies of documents, and assembling materials for distribution
- Establishes and maintains filing systems, processes and labels documents and other materials for archiving, and makes materials available for Authority staff and other users.
- Prepares and processes various reports and records including letters, monthly reports, and summaries of data.
- Processes documents having to do with payment of bills and financial accounting.
- Takes reservations and assist in coordinating public outreach events.
- Greets visitors to the office, providing assistance as needed. Takes reservations, collects fees and deposits for Hickory Point Park Pavilion.
- Processes camping, kayak and canoe reservations and collects the required deposits.
- Receives, opens, sorts, logs, and distributes incoming mail and faxes.
- Operates various office equipment including typewriter, computer, copier, calculator, telephone, and fax machine.
- Provides office support for Managerial staff, requiring ability to problem solve and interpret procedures with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Executive Office Manager/Financial Coordinator.
Qualifications: Graduation from high school or GED and at least two years of secretarial experience, or any equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions. Must have practical experience with a personal computer including word processing and spreadsheet software applications. A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Pay Range: $10.87-$17.91 per hour commensurate with experience (37.5 hours per week)
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND INSTRUCTIONS: Position is open until filled. Submit applications to the offices of the Lake County Water Authority (LCWA), 27351 SR 19, Tavares, FL 32778. Applications are available at the LCWA office or our Web site: http://www.lcwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/employmentapplicationfeb2016.pdf
EOE/Drug Free Workplace/Veterans Preference