- Water only when needed and not between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Water for no more than one hour per zone
- Restrictions apply to private wells and pumps, ground or surface water and water from public and private utilities.
- During Eastern Standard Time (First Sunday in November until the second Sunday in March) irrigation is limited to no more than one day per week on scheduled days.
- Residential irrigation is allowed on Saturday at addresses that end in an odd number or have no address.
- Residential irrigation is allowed on Sunday at addresses that end in an even number.
- Nonresidential irrigation is allowed on Tuesday.
While about 70 percent of the Earth’s surface is water-covered, only about 1 percent is readily available for public use, agriculture, plants and animals. Water conservation is an important part of ensuring the sustainability of Florida’s water supply; watering restrictions, expanded use of reclaimed water and the use of water-efficient appliances are ways the district works to encourage conservation.
THIS WEB POSTING WAS COPIED FROM THE ST JOHNS RIVER WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT WEB SITE: For more details about watering restrictions, visit www.sjrwmd.com/wateringrestrictions.