Drop-by-Drop: You Make A Difference!
Water Resources Mini-Grants Information
The Lake County Water Authority Board has awarded over $390,000 since 2001 to local educators.
Drop by Drop Water Resource Educational Trip Grant Options – Click to download
Drop-by-Drop: You Make A Difference! – Water Resource Education Mini-Grants – Click to download
Drop-by-Drop: You Make A Difference! – Water Resource Community Mini-Grants – Click to download
Grant Objective: To promote freshwater resource education in Lake County’s public and private schools by awarding grants that focus on issues that affect our local water resources.
Grant Award: Up to $ 2,000
Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
Submission: One original and six copies (7 total) of the completed grant application packet should be mailed or hand-delivered to the Lake County Water Authority, 27351 SR 19, Tavares, Florida 32778 (New location at Hickory Point). Please review all submittals to make sure application is legible, itemized budgets & accompanying materials are included.
Award Criteria: Grant applications will be evaluated based upon pertinence to Lake County’s freshwater resources, pertinence to the Florida Standards, number of students grant will serve, pre- & post-activities for field trips, idea uniqueness/originality, cost appropriate to project, age & equipment appropriate, etc.
- All applicants are responsible for reading and understanding the enclosed mini-grant guidelines prior to submitting an application.
- Applicants are responsible for remembering the important dates listed below.
- Grant Deadline (1 original & six copies, no faxes or e-mails)……………. Monday, Oct. 3, 201 by 5:00 p.m.
- Complete all Purchase Orders or encumber non-trip funds no later than. Friday, March 3, 2017
- Deadline to complete all non-field trip projects, turn in paperwork…… Friday, April 14, 2017
- Deadline to complete educational field trips………………………………… Friday, April 28,2017
- Deadline to turn in complete paperwork for field trips……………………….. Friday, May 12, 2017
CREATIVITY & TEACHER COOPERATION WITHIN SCHOOLS ARE ENCOURAGED!
***For any questions or more information about these grants and deadlines,
please e-mail email@example.com or call 352-434-5025 or the LCWA offices at 352-324-6141***
"Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing."